As a global corporate citizen with genuine concern for the environment, Hankook Tire actively participates in activities to improve it. We develop environmentally friendly initiatives and implement them company-wide, from selecting source materials to providing product services.
Our environmental guidelines aim to deliver proactive environment management practices across the entire spectrum of our business activities from production to sales and services in line with our management philosophy and vision, thereby making significant contributions towards a cleaner environment. To this end, we are determined follow these policies:
- 1) We recognize the environment as a critical factor in management strategy.
- 2) With sustained investments, process improvements, and appropriate technology, we fundamentally minimize emissions of environmental pollutants and promote recycling.
- 3) We apply in-house environmental regulations, rules, and standards that are more stringent than what is required by law from product manufacturing to sales and services to disposal.
- 4) Our environmental goals and detailed targets are fixed and performed based on the evaluation of our environmental impact, which enables sustained improvements.
- 5) We train and educate all employees on environmental issues in the confidence that they will come to recognize the impact of their respective responsibilities.
- 6) To ensure transparency in our environmental management, our guidelines are made available to stakeholders. Moreover, we encourage our affiliated companies to conduct business with a more eco-friendly approach.