According to the management principles that put the highest priority on the safety, health, and environment of humankind, Hankook Tire & Technology establishes an overall safety and health environment-oriented management system for the company, takes the initiative in implementing management activities for safety, health, and the environment throughout the entire process of the corporate activities and products, provides values and pleasure to its customers, and pursues safe and healthy lives.
To this end, we hereby take an oath to act as follows:
Safety and health environment plan
- 1. We shall remove the risk factors through investment and operational improvement in safety, health, and the environment to reduce risks and protect the environment.
- 2. We shall provide safe and healthy working conditions to prevent work-related injuries and medical problems. We shall promote the efficient use and recycling of resources. Through these activities, we shall minimize the impact of our business activities on safety, health, and the environment.
- 3. To help our employees understand and continuously improve the safety, health, and environment management system, we shall provide education and competency improvement activities to our employees, and disclose our policies and management performance to stakeholders and communicate with them.
- 4. We shall establish and faithfully implement internal management standards that satisfy domestic and foreign laws and regulations as well as other requirements pertaining to safety, health, and the environment. Our employees shall evaluate the impact on safety, health, and the environment, and set and implement safety, health, and environment goals, to ensure continuous improvements.
Essential Health and Safety Principles
- 1. Associated organizations and reporting systems shall be responsible for the prevention and occurrence of accidents.
- 2. All employees shall be under the duty to work without causing any safety-related accidents to occur from their initial date of employment.
- 3. The company shall formulate and train all safety regulations and standards, which shall be strictly complied with by all employees.
- 4. All employees shall make an effort to discover potential risks in advance, and the company shall take action to make improvements.
- 5. The company shall continuously improve harmful risk factors to protect the safety and health of all employees, including those of its business partners.
- 6. Safety outside of working hours shall be equally considered as safety during working hours.
- 7. The company shall make efforts to develop the technology for optimal safety and health management.
- 8. The company shall advance its safety and health management system through continuous system improvement.
All employees shall comply with our policies on safety, health, and the environment publicly notified internally and externally, and fully discuss and take part in the management activities for safety, health, and the environment.