Hankook & Company hires Seongjin Kim as Chief Digital Officer
- To accelerate digital transformation of the group as head of Digital Strategy from February 3
- To establish an advanced digital technology-based innovation model of Hankook & Company
- An expert in digital·IT field with experience at SAP, GE, Hyundai Elevator, Google, etc.
Seoul, Korea, February 3, 2022 – Hankook & Company Co., Ltd., the holding company of Hankook Tire & Technology Co., Ltd., announced the appointment of Seongjin Kim as Chief Digital Officer (CDO) effective immediately. Seongjin Kim will be responsible for further accelerating digital transformation of the group.
As head of Digital Strategy Department, he will establish an innovation model based on advanced digital technologies and build Information and Communication Technology (ICT) strategies. He will also play a role as a control tower for IT area by building the group’s data process and analysis system, processing IT-related information, and integrating software systems.
Seongjin Kim is a Senior Vice President (SVP) with 25 years of experience in the digital and IT industry, most recently at Google Cloud Asia-Pacific’s manufacturing industry division. Previously, Kim served in Samsung Group, SAP, General Electric (GE) and Hyundai Elevator. At GE, he developed industrial digital platforms and IoT businesses, and carried out a smart factory project for manufacturing innovation. While at Hyundai Elevator as director of Digital Innovation Division, he led the establishment of corporate digital innovation strategies such as introducing AI and other new digital technologies, cloud-driven innovation, and work methods improvement.
Bringing his deep expertise in the digital field, Seongjin Kim is expected to expand Hankook & Company’s digital-based innovation by further incorporating artificial intelligence (AI) and big data to the entire ecosystem ranging from production to distribution, sales and customers service.
“We are delighted to welcome the new Chief Digital Officer into our team in line with the digital transformation strategy,” says Jongseon Ahn, COO of Hankook & Company. “Together with his expertise and innovative DNA of Hankook & Company, we expect great results that can further enhance our leadership and competitiveness.”
“Hankook & Company is an innovation-driven organization and I’m excited to be part of it,” says Seongjin Kim, CDO of Hankook & Company. “I’m anticipating achieving many new things together and create synergy among brilliant talents.”
◆ Seongjin Kim, Senior Vice President & Head of Digital Strategy Department, Hankook & Company
- 2021 Master of Science in Information Management at KAIST
- 1996 Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering at Yonsei University
- 2021 Asia-Pacific Director of Manufacturing Industry, Google Cloud
- 2019 ~ 2021 Director of Digital Innovation Division(CDO/CIO), Hyundai Elevator,
- 2016 ~ 2018 Manager of Digital Business Development & Sales, General Electric
- 2005 ~ 2016 Industrial Digital Innovation, SAP Korea
- 1996 ~ 2002 Samsung Motors / Samsung SDS