Hankook & Company introduces Jongseon Ahn as new global innovation leader
- Establish future business strategies and strengthen new business development to secure sustainable growth of Hankook & Company group
- Will assume the role of COO who will be responsible for the overall management of Hankook & Company and ES Business Headquarters
- Innovation management specialist who served as COO and CSO at Doosan Infracore in charge of the company’s business management
Seoul, Korea, April 1, 2021 – Hankook & Company, the holding company of Hankook Tire & Technology, introduced Jongseon Ahn as the new Chief Operating Officer (COO) to build the group’s future strategies, discover new businesses opportunities and enhance the competitiveness of its core businesses.
Jongseon Ahn will lead the group’s future growth and smart energy solution business by taking charge of overall management of Hankook & Company and Energy Solution (ES) Business Headquarters. In particular, Jongseon Ahn will focus on discovering new growth engines, strengthening business competitiveness and maximizing management efficiency of the ES Business Headquarters as the merger process between Hankook & Company and Hankook AtlasBX is completed.
Jongseon Ahn, who served as vice president as well as head of Heavy Business Group (BG) at Doosan Infracore, demonstrated excellent global sense in management while leading its strategic planning team, planning and coordination team, and sales headquarters. He also worked previously with Samsung Electronics, McKinsey and Doosan. At Doosan Infracore, he led the turnaround of the company’s construction equipment business and set the ground for sustainable growth with his innovative management mindset and strong execution capabilities which proved his strength in handling high-pressure environment.
Based on his long-established global business experience, Jongseon Ahn will put best effort to discover future growth engines of the group and realize sustainable growth while fostering Hankook & Company as a global smart energy solution company with the ES Business Headquarters at the core.
With Jongseon Ahn’s global leadership and solution-providing expertise, Hankook & Company plans to continue its support to realize the group's successful future strategy and sustainable growth. Hankook & Company will diversify its investment portfolio into mobility and future technology-based industries while continuing quantitative and qualitative investment to strengthen the global competitiveness of tires which is the company’s core business.
◆ Background of Jongseon Ahn, COO of Hankook & Company and Head of ES Business Headquarters ◆
- 1998 University of Chicago (MBA)
- 1991 Master’s degree of Mechanical Engineering at Seoul National University
- 1987 Bachelor’s degree of Mechanical Engineering at Seoul National University
- Vice President and Head of Heavy Business Group (BG)
- Executive Director of AM/PS Sales Headquarters
- Executive Director of Planning and Coordination Office
- Executive Director of Construction Machinery BG China Operation
- Managing Director of IMO Strategy Team
- Strategic Planning Director of Planning and Coordination Office
- 2004~2005 Head of Department at Doosan
- 2000~2004 Engagement Manager at McKinsey
- 1993~1998 Researcher at Samsung Electronics