Our quality policy for guaranteeing customers' safety.
Hankook is constantly striving to ensure the highest quality of goods.
Passenger Car/Light Truck
Standard Limited Warranty Terms and Conditions for Hankook Tires
This limited warranty applies to the original purchaser of any new tire manufactured by HANKOOK Tire Co., Ltd bearing Department of Transportation prescribed tire identification numbers. Eligible tires shall be used on the vehicle on which they were originally installed according to the vehicle manufacturer’s or Hankook’s recommendation. This warranty applies if all following qualification requirements are met:
- The tire was purchased after January 1, 2018.
- The tire is a size, load rating and speed rating equal to or greater than that recommended by the vehicle manufacturer.
- The tire has not become unserviceable due to a condition listed under WHAT IS NOT COVERED.
- Tire is 6 years from the date of manufacture or 6 years from the date of purchase, whichever benefits the customer.
WHAT IS WARRANTED AND FOR HOW LONG
Should any tire covered by this limited warranty become unusable due to a workmanship or material related condition during its usable tread life (more than 2/32nds remaining tread), Hankook will issue a credit under the following conditions:
1) During the first 2/32nds of the original usable tread and one year from date of purchase: Tire will be replaced with a comparable new Hankook produced tire free of charge, including mounting and balancing charges. Applicable taxes on the new tire and cost of any other charges in connection with the replacement of the tire are required to be paid by the owner.
2) After the first 2/32nds of the original usable tread or after one year from date of purchase, whichever occurs first: The amount of the credit will be determined by multiplying the pre-determined adjustment price for the tire (excluding taxes).
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
This limited warranty does not apply to tires which are being serviced under the following conditions:
- Purchased outside of Canada.
- Willful Abuse / Collision / Wreck / Fire.
- Continued use while flat or severe under/over inflation.
- Road Hazards including without limitation, puncture, cut, impact break, stone drill, bruise, bulge, snag, collision.
- Premature or irregular wear due to vehicle mechanical reason.
- Conditions resulting from without limitation, improper mounting/demounting, under inflation, improper tire size, improper repair, defect in vehicle, abuse.
- Ozone or weather cracking on tires over four (4) years old from the date of manufacture.
- Ride disturbance complaints after 2/32nds of an inch tread wear and after one year from date of purchase.
- With less than 2/32” remaining depth.
- With the serial number cut of buffed.
- Racing & off road use and Misapplication.
- Loss of time or use, inconvenience or any incidental or
- consequential damage.
- Used in commercial service, excluding truck & bus tires.
- Note: Consequential damage mentioned above may not apply to you based on Canadian Statutes of Limitations.
OWNER’S GENERAL OBLIGATION
In order to be eligible for Hankook’s limited warranty program, the owner must observe the following:
- Present the tire to an authorized Hankook dealer in Canada.
- Submit or present a copy of the original purchase receipt.
- Complete and sign a Hankook Claim Form which is available at any authorized dealer.
- End users should complete the warranty card which is available at authorized Hankook dealers for tread wear mileage warranty and mail it to Hankook Tire Canada Corp. (30 Resolution Dr. Brampton, ON L6W 0A3. Attn: Technical Department) within 30 days from the date of purchase.
- In order to take advantage of mileage warranty, you must submit tire rotation record which proves that all tires are rotated once every 10,000 km.
- If the tire owner abuses the tires by failing to do the following, but not limited to observe safety warnings, maintain proper inflation pressure, maintain vehicle alignment and tire rotation, expected tire performance or life may not be achieved and your safety cannot be ensured.
ROAD HAZARD WARRANTY
If a tire is rendered unserviceable due to a non-repairable road hazard, it must meet following guidelines:
- Tire must be listed in eligible products for Road Hazard
- Tire must be worn within first 2/32nds
- Tire must be within one year from date of purchase qualifying tires will be replaced free of charge with a comparable Hankook produced tire. Adjustment procedure is prescribed in the Owner’s General Obligation section.
Taxes, mounting, balancing and service charges are not included. The eligible product lines for Road Hazard warranty are as follows:
- VENTUS: V12 evo2, S1 Noble2, V2 Concept2, V4 ES, V12 evo, AS
- KINERGY: GT, PT, ST
- OPTIMO: H727, H725, H426
- DYNAPRO: HP2, AT-m (P-metric), HT (P-metric)
- WINTER: i*cept evo2, i*cept evo2 SUV, i*cept iZ2
A. This warranty is not applicable to Original Equipment (OE) tires.
B. Repairable punctures are not covered under this warranty.
TREAD-WEAR MILEAGE WARRANTY
Hankook provides competitive tread-wear mileage warranty as follows:
|Treadwear Mileage Warranty*||Pattern Name||Pattern Code|
|160,000 km||Optimo H727||H727|
|145,000 km||Kinergy PT||H737|
|130,000 km||Optimo H725||H725|
|120,000 km||Optimo H724||H724|
|115,000 km||Kinergy ST
|110,000 km||Dynapro HP2
|95,000 km||Optimo H426||H426|
|80,000 km||Ventus S1 noble2
Ventus V4 ES
|70,000 km||Ventus V2 concept2||H457|
|65,000 km||Dynapro HT
Winter i*cept iZ2
|50,000 km||Winter i*cept evo2
Winter i*cept evo2 SUV
*Ventus S1 Noble2: Series 40 and larger only (Not applicable to 35 series or below).
1) If the above eligible tire wears out (wears down to 2/32nds remaining depth) before the warranty miles under the normal passenger use, Hankook will make an allowance for unused service toward the purchase of a new tire of the same size and type, prorated on warranted miles.
2) The replacement allowance will be calculated by percentage of the warranted miles not received, multiplied to the predetermined adjustment price of the tire at the time and place of the adjustment.
3) To take advantage of this warranty, the owner shall submit warranty card which records the purchasing & vehicle information within 30 days from the date of purchase. (Warranty card must be mailed to Hankook Tire Canada Corp.)
4) To make a claim, tire rotation record shall be presented along with the claimed tire. (The cost of mounting, balance and other service charges or taxes shall be paid by the customer)
5) For vehicles with a staggered fitment (different size on the front and rear axles), Hankook will cover half the number of warranted miles as the mileage warranty when the end user cannot rotate tires at least once every 10,000 km.
6) This warranty is not applicable to original equipment tires.
HANKOOK '30 DAY FREE TRIAL' PLAN
Hankook is offering a 30 Day Free Trial to the following eligible tires:
• Ventus V12 evo2 (K120)
• Ventus S1 Noble2 (H452)
• Ventus V2 Concept2 (H457)
• Kinergy GT (H436)
• Kinergy PT (H737)
• Kinergy ST (H735)
• Dynapro HP2 (RA33)
• Dynapro AT-m (RF10 P-Metric only)
• Dynapro HT (RH12 P-Metric only)
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase for any reason, simply bring the tires and the proof of purchase back to back to the place purchase within 30 days for a new set of Hankook Tires and we will take care of the rest.
REQUIREMENTS AND LIMITATIONS
• 30 Day Free Trial only applies to 4 ~ 6 tires per vehicle (Purchases of 1 ~ 3 tires are not eligible).
• Customer may exchange 1 ~ 4 tires from the set, for an equivalent number of the same tire or a different Hankook Tire.
• Mounting and balancing cost are included. (Valve Stems are extra)
• Tires must be free of any damage due to misuse, road hazard, mechanical issue, and/or any racing activity wear.
• Replacement tire must be installed on original purchase Vehicle.
• Only original purchase is covered by 30 Day Free Trial. Replacement set is not covered by 30 Day Free Trial.
• Original purchaser must present proof of purchase.
• Replacement must be done at original place of purchase.
• If replacing with more expensive tire, difference is paid by Customer (including sales tax). If exchanges is less, you will be given a credit for the difference.
• Customer is responsible for all applicable taxes.
• Please contact Hankook Customer Service if you have any questions at 1-800-HANKOOK
This warranty, or any warranty stated or referred to herein, is exclusive and in lieu of any other warranty regarding the quality of Hankook tires, whether expressed or implied and remedies for breach thereof shall be limited to those specifically provided herein. Any warranty of merchantability of fitness for any particular purpose, if made, is limited in duration to the effective time period of this limited warranty.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION OR CUSTOMER SERVICE
If you have any question on product warranty, please first contact the nearest Hankook Dealer. For the dealer information or if your question has not been handled to your satisfaction, contact the Hankook Technical Department.
HANKOOK TIRE CANADA CORPORATION
30 Resolution Drive
Brampton, ON L6W 0A3