Article 1 : General Provisions
1) Hankook Tire & Technology Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the "Company", also refers to the Company's web site which is www.hankooktire.com) is committed to protecting your privacy on the internet. We believe that it is important for you to know what we do with your personal information. When it comes to consumer data collected electronically, the Company will provide notice, choice, access and security in ways described below.
Article 2 : Scope of Collection of Personal Information
1) You can visit the Company’s web site without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. The Company will not collect any personal data about you (e.g., name, country and e-mail address) unless you voluntarily choose to provide us with it.
There are portions of the web site where we may need to collect personal information from you for a specific purpose, such as to provide you with certain information you request. (e.g., Q&A and Register your tires)
The servers of the Company’s web site collect page URLs and not the e-mail addresses. This information may be aggregated on a "no names" basis just to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the site, or pages viewed.
2) The Company does not collect personal information which poses an obvious risk of infringing upon your basic rights (race and ethnicity, ideology and beliefs, hometown and legal domicile, political inclination and criminal record, health conditions such as medical history, sex life, etc.). However, exceptions are made when the personal information to be collected is stipulated under laws or is directly related to and thus required to provide services, in which case your consent will be required.
Article 3 : Consent to Collection of Personal Information
Article 4 : Purpose of Collecting and Using Personal Information
1) Your personal information such as your name and e-mail address that we collect is only used to provide you with certain information you request.
Your tire information including personal information that we collect is only used to contact you in the event of a recall.
2) Domain name information that we collect is only used to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed, etc. We use this information to measure the use of our site and to improve the content of our site.
Article 5 : Period for Storing and Using Personal Information
1) The Company will not preserve your personal data any longer than it is necessary to achieve the goals for which it was collected or for the time period required by law.
Article 6 : Collection of Personal Information Through Cookies
1) Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a web site. Cookies are then sent back to the originating web site on each subsequent visit, or to another web site that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a web site to recognize a user’s device.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
For further information on cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
|Cookie Type||Cookie Name||Source||Purpose|
|Strictly necessary||JSESSIONID||Hankook||Maintains session|
|Analytical||_ga||Google Analytics||Used to distinguish users by Google Analytics|
|_dc_gtm||Used to help identify the visitors by either age, gender, or interests by DoubleClick - Google Tag Manager|
|_gat||Used to throttle request rate|
3) You may disable cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to disable all cookies (including strictly necessary cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the site.
Disabling a cookie or category of cookie does not delete the cookie from your browser. You will need to do this separately within your browser.
If you would like to make changes to your cookie settings, please go to the 'Options' or 'Preferences' menu of your browser. Alternatively, go to the 'Help' option in your browser for more details.
If you have disabled one or more analytical cookies, we may still use information collected from cookies prior to your disabled preference being set, however, we will stop using the disabled cookie to collect any further information. Except for strictly necessary cookies, all cookies will expire after two years.
Article 7 : Usage outside the Stated Purpose and Third Party Access
Article 8 : International Transfer of Information
1) If you choose to provide us with personal information, the Company may transfer that information to its affiliates and subsidiaries or to other third parties, across borders, and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are visiting from other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from your region’s law, please note that you are transferring your personal information to your region which does not have the same data protection laws as other countries.
Article 9 : Link Sites
Article 10 : Transmission of Advertising Content
1)The Company does not transmit advertising content for the purpose of profit generation that runs counter to your explicit refusal to receive such content.
2) The Company does not transmit advertising content on media which are inappropriate for minors (youths aged 13 years or younger).
Article 11 : Technical and Management Measures to Protect Personal Information
1) When handling your personal information, the Company takes the following technical measures to prevent the loss, theft, leak, alteration and damage of such information in order to maintain security: Your personal information is protected by separate security measures including encrypted file and data transmissions or the use of the file lock function. Vaccine programs are used to prevent damage caused by computer viruses, and such programs are updated regularly. In the event of a sudden virus outbreak, the related vaccine is provided as soon as it becomes available to prevent infringement of personal information. Code algorithms have been adopted to enable safe transmission of personal information over networks, firewalls have been installed to protect against hacking and outside intrusion and intrusion blocking systems and weakness analysis systems are used in each server to maintain security.
Article 12 : Rights and Obligations of Users
2)Along with the right for protection of your personal information, you have the obligation to protect yourself and not to infringe upon others' information.
Article 13 : Collection and Use of Information from Children Under the Age of 13
1) The Company does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to use the web site. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register on the web site or send us any personal information.
Article 14 : Withdrawal of Consent for Collection, Use and Provision of Personal Information/h3>
1) The Company will take the necessary steps so that withdrawal of consent for personal information collection can be executed with greater ease compared to the methods for collecting personal information.
Article 15 : Chief Privacy Officer and Personal Data Protection Officer
1) The Company designates a Chief Information Security Officer and a Chief Privacy Officer to receive suggestions and handle complaints related to personal information. The Chief Information Security Officer and the Chief Privacy Officer are as follows.
[Chief Privacy Officer]
Name: Jeong Hoon Oh
Team: Information Security Team
[Personal Data Protection Officer]
Name: Ji Hyung Lee
Team: Information Security Team