The purpose of Hankook Tire’s ‘Cyber Auditor’ is to root out misconduct that interferes with fair and transparent corporate governance.
Whistleblower Protection and Reward
- Identity Confidentiality The identity of the whistleblower is never disclosed without the consent of the whistleblower, and confidentiality is strictly protected.
- Prohibition on Seeking Out Whistleblower Any individual attempting to find the whistleblower will be subject to severe disciplinary measures regardless of his/her intentions.
- Disadvantageous Action Prohibition No retaliatory actions or discrimination shall be imposed on the whistleblower due to his/her disclosure, and if any disadvantageous action is confirmed, such action shall be immediately redressed.
- Exemption If the whistleblower is confirmed to have been involved in the misconduct, disciplinary measures against the whistleblower shall be reduced through sufficient extenuating circumstances.
- 1. If grant of benefit can be calculated
Grant of benefit generated due to the whistleblower’s disclosure is considered as part of the reward calculation.
If grant of benefit can be calculated Benefit Amount Reward Provision Standard Less than 50,000,000 KRW 10% of Benefit 50,000,000 – 100,000,000 KRW 5,000,000 KRW +
5% of Benefit exceeding 50,000,000 KRW
100,000,000 – 500,000,000 KRW 7,500,000 KRW +
1.25% of Benefit exceeding 100,000,000 KRW
500,000,000 – 1,000,000,000 KRW 12,500,000 KRW +
0.5% of Benefit exceeding 500,000,000 KRW
Greater than 1,000,000,000 KRW 15,000,000 KRW +
0.5% of Benefit exceeding 1,000,000,000
Maximum Reward 20,000,000 KRW
- 2. If grant of benefit cannot be calculated
Reward is provided according to the penalty against the alleged wrongdoer.
If grant of benefit cannot be calculated Penalty Warning Reprimand Pay Cut Suspension Removal
Reward 500,000 KRW 1,000,000 KRW 1,500,000 KRW 2,000,000 KRW 2,500,000 KRW
Exceptions to Reward
- If the information is discovered to be false or if the information lacks evidence to confirm it to be true.
- If the disclosure is already under investigation, disciplinary measures or terminated by an investigative authority or judicial authority.
- If the disclosure is already made, under investigation by the Audit Team and related departments, under disciplinary measures, or already concluded.
- If the disclosure is already made through the media.
- If the disclosure is made by an anonymous source or an alias, resulting in the failure to identify the whistleblower.
- If the disclosure is made by a member of the Audit Team.
- If the reward is deemed inappropriate after a miscellaneous compensation and exemption review.
Reward Calculation Standard
- “Grant of benefit” refers to cases where wrongful gain is returned to the Company’s property resulting in increase in profit or decrease in loss.
- If the grant of benefit is temporary, calculate based on the total amount of the benefit, and if the grant of benefit is continued for a long period of time, calculate based on the annual amount of the year the disclosure is made.
- If two or more individuals reported the same misconduct, the reward is divided evenly among the whistleblowers.
- Wrongful gain amount additionally discovered during the Audit Team investigation is not included in the reward calculation.