Our quality policy for guaranteeing customers' safety.
Hankook is constantly striving to ensure the highest quality of goods.
This limited warranty applies to the original purchaser of any new tire manufactured by HANKOOK Tire Co., Ltd bearing Department of Transportation prescribed tire identification numbers. Eligible tires shall be used on the vehicle on which they were originally installed according to the vehicle manufacturer’s or Hankook’s recommendation. This warranty applies if all following qualification requirements are met:
- The tire was purchased after January 1, 2016.
- The tire is a size, load rating and speed rating equal to or greater than that recommended by the vehicle manufacturer.
- The tire has not become unserviceable due to a condition listed under WHAT IS NOT COVERED.
What is Warranted and for How Long
Should any tire covered by this limited warranty become unusable due to a workmanship or material related condition during its usable tread life (more than 2/32” remaining tread), Hankook will give a credit on the following conditions:
- 1) During the first 2/32nds of the original usable tread and one year from date of purchase: Tire will be replaced with a comparable new Hankook produced tire free of charge. Applicable taxes on the new tire and cost of mounting, balancing and any other charges in connection with the replacement of the tire are required to be paid by the owner.
- 2) After the first 2/32nds of the original usable tread or after one year from date of purchase, whichever occurs first: The amount of the credit will be determined by multiplying the pre-determined adjustment price for the tire (excluding taxes) by the percentage of original tread depth remaining on the tire.
- Free replacement workmanship warranty is not applicable to snow tires.
What is not Covered
This limited warranty does not apply to tires which are being serviced under the following conditions:
- Outside of the Continental United States.
- Willful Abuse / Collision / Wreck / Fire.
- Continued use while flat or severe under/over inflation.
- Road Hazards including without limitation, puncture, cut, impact break, stone drill, bruise, bulge, snag, collision.
- Premature or irregular wear due to vehicle mechanical reason.
- Conditions resulting from without limitation, improper mounting/demounting, under inflation, improper tire size, improper repair, defect in vehicle, abuse.
- Ozone or weather cracking on tires over four(4) years old from the date of manufacture.
- Ride disturbance complaints after 2/32 tread wear or 1 year from date of purchase, whichever occurs first.
- With less than 2/32” remaining depth.
- With the serial number cut or buffed.
- Racing and Misapplication.
- Tires 6 years or older from the date of manufacture or 5 years or older from the date of purchase.
- Loss of time or use, inconvenience or any incidental or consequential damage.
* Note: Consequential damage mentioned above may not apply to you based on States limitation.
Owner's General Obligation
In order to be eligible for HANKOOK’s limited warranty program, the owner must observe the following:
- Present the tire to an authorized Hankook dealer in the Continental United States of America.
- Submit or present a copy of the original purchase receipt.
- Complete and sign a Hankook Claim Form which is available at any authorized dealer.
- End users should complete the warranty card which is available at authorized Hankook dealers for tread wear mileage warranty and mail it to Hankook Tire America Corp. (1450 Valley Road, Wayne NJ 07470.
Attn: Technical Department) within 30 days from the date of purchase.
- If the tire owner abuses the tires by failing to do the following, but not limited to observe safety warnings, maintain proper inflation pressure, maintain vehicle alignment and tire rotation, expected tire performance or life may not be achieved and your safety cannot be ensured.
- 1) Casing of Hankook steel radial truck & bus tires are warranted when tire becomes unserviceable or unretreaded due to factors within manufacturer’s condition, Hankook will provide predetermined casing allowance.
- 2) Casing warranty is valid through the 2nd retreaded life for five (5) years from the date of manufacture.
(AL11, AL07+, DL11 casing warranty is valid through the 3rd retreaded life for seven (7) years from the date of manufacture).
* E3 wide (DL07 &TL07) casing warranty valid through 1st retread for five (5) years from date of manufacture.
- 3) Retreading allowance is warranted for some limited products besides casing policy based upon remaining casing allowance.
- 4) Tires used in mining & logging service are not covered under this warranty.
- 5) Casing & retreading allowance are as follows:
|11.00R20, 12.00R20, 12.00R24||$80.00|
|385/65R22.5, 425/65R22.5, 445/65R22.5||$85.00|
|Total Allowance Retreaded Tires
(Retread Allowance + Casing Allowance )
|More than 14/32||$45.00 + Casing Allowance|
|8/32 to 14/32||$30.00 + Casing Allowance|
|Less than 8/32||Casing Allowance Only|
* For 19.5 inches or smaller sizes, only casing llowances warranted.
* Tires used in mining and logging service are not covered under this warranty.
This warranty, or any warranty stated or referred to herein, is exclusive and in lieu of any other warranty regarding the quality of Hankook tires, whether expressed or implied and remedies for breach thereof shall be limited to those specifically provided herein. Any warranty of merchantability of fitness for any particular purpose, if made, is limited in duration to the effective time period of this limited warranty.
Additional Information or Customer Service
If you have any question on product warranty, please first contact your nearest Hankook Tire Dealer. For dealer information, or if your question has not been handled to your satisfaction, contact the Hankook Tire Technical Department.
HANKOOK TIRE AMERICA CORPORATION
Head Office: 1450 Valley Road, Wayne, NJ 07470
For warranty information, please visit www.hankooktire.com/us or call 1-800-HANKOOK.