The conditions of storage have an influence on the lifespan and performance of tires. Learn about the importance of storing tires and how to store tires to maximize their lifespan and ensure safe and efficient performance.
Necessity of Tire Storage
Improper storage conditions can have a negative effect on the tire’s appearance and performance. Hankook Tire recommends to observe the guide of tire storage.
Tire Storage Methods and Points to Consider
Before putting the tire in storage, please check for tread depth and/or damage and store according to the following directions.
If Storing with the Wheel
If Storing Without the Wheel
- Before removing the tire from the car, mark where the tire was attached.
- It usually prolongs tire lifespan to rotate the front and read tires when you use the tires again in later.
- Wash the wheel and tire thoroughly with water. Once cleaning is finished, dry them to prevent decay.
- Remove dust and rocks from inside the tire’s grooves.
- If the tires are assembled with rims, stack them for storing. If the tires are not assembled with rims, stand them up when storing.
- Store tires in a cool place that avoids direct sunlight. Do not store tires in close proximity/next to gasoline fuel, oil, or other chemical substances.