Our quality policy for guaranteeing customers' safety.
Hankook is constantly striving to ensure the highest quality of goods.
Standard Limited Warranty Terms and Conditions for Hankook Tires
This limited warranty applies to the original purchaser of any new Medium Truck tire manufactured by Hankook Tire Co., Ltd bearing Department of Transportation prescribed tire identification numbers and produced after 2006. Eligible tires shall be used on the vehicle on which they were originally installed according to the vehicle manufacturer’s or Hankook’s recommendation.
WHAT IS WARRANTED AND FOR HOW LONG
Should any tire covered by this limited warranty become unusable due to a workmanship or material related condition during its usable original tread life (more than 2/32” remaining tread), Hankook will give a credit on the following condition.
- 1) Within the first 2/32nds of an inch of tread wear and within one year from date of purchase; Tire will be replaced with a comparable new Hankook produced tire free of charge. Applicable taxes on the new tire and cost of mounting, balancing and any other charges in connection with the replacement of the tire are required to be paid by the owner.
- 2) After the first 2/32nds of an inch of tread wear or after one year from date of purchase; the amount of the credit will be determined by multiplying the pre-determined adjustment price for the tire (excluding taxes) by the percentage of original tread depth remaining on the tire.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
This limited warranty does not apply to tires which are being serviced under the following conditions:
- Purchased outside of Canada.
- Willful Abuse/ Collision/ Wreck/ Fire.
- Continued use while flat or severe under/over inflation.
- Road Hazards including without limitation, puncture, cut, impact break, stone drill, bruise, bulge, snag, collision.
- Premature or irregular wear due to vehicle mechanical reason.
- Conditions resulting from without limitation, improper mounting/demounting, under inflation, improper tire size, improper repair, defect in vehicle, abuse.
- Ozone or weather cracking on tires over four (4) years old from the date of manufacture.
- Ride disturbance complaints after 2/32nds of an inch tread wear and after one year from date of purchase.
- With less than 2/32” remaining depth.
- With the serial number cut of buffed.
- The casing must not have been buffed excessively.
- Tires 6 years or older from the date of manufacture or 5 years or older from the date of purchase.
- Loss of time or use, inconvenience or any incidental or consequential damage.
OWNER’S GENERAL OBLIGATION
In order to be eligible for Hankook’s limited warranty program, the owner must observe the following:
- Present the tire to an authorized Hankook dealer in Canada.
- Submit or present a copy of the original purchase receipt.
- Complete and sign a Hankook Claim Form which is available at any authorized dealer.
- If the tire owner abuses the tires by failing to observe safety warning and to maintain proper inflation pressure and vehicle alignment, expected tire performance and life may not be achieved and your safety can not be ensured.
Casing warranty is valid through the 2nd retreaded life or six (6) years from date of manufacture, whichever comes first (AL07+, AL11 and DL11 casing warranty is valid through the 3rd retreaded life or seven (7) years from the date of manufacture). If the new casing fails under normal use and the casing is brought to an authorized Hankook Tire Dealer, the dealer will allow the purchaser a casing allowance credit scheduled as follows:
|215/75R17.5, 235/75R17.5, 245/70R17.5||58|
|8R19.5, 225/70R19.5, 245/70R19.5, 265/70R19.5||58|
|10R22.5, 11R22.5, 225/70R22.5, 275/70R22.5, 295/75R22.5, 315/80R22.5||84|
|11R24.5, 12R22.5, 1200R24, 285/75R24.5, 385/65R22.5, 425/65R22.5, 445/50R22.5, 445/65R22.5||95|
- 1) The casing must not have been stone drilled, run flat, underinflated, over-loaded, damaged, affected by any road hazard, or used on a vehicle with any defect that could cause a deterioration of the tire.
- 2) The tire must not have been excessively worn or damaged due to off-the-road-use, abusive or unusual operation conditions, vandalism, accident, fire or chemicals.
- 3) The casing must not have been worn down to less than 2/32” of tread depth prior to buffing and must not been buffed excessively.
- 4) Tires used in mining & logging service are not covered under this warranty.
This warranty, or any warranty stated or referred to herein, is exclusive and in lieu of any other warranty regarding the quality of Hankook tires, whether expressed or implied and remedies for breach thereof shall be limited to those specifically provided herein. Any warranty of merchantability of fitness for any particular purpose, if made, is limited in duration to the effective time period of this limited warranty.
Additional Information or Customer Service
If you have any question on product warranty, please first contact your nearest Hankook Tire Dealer. For dealer information, or if your question has not been handled to your satisfaction, contact Hankook Technical Department.
HANKOOK TIRE CANADA CORPORATION
30 Resolution Drive
Brampton, ON L6W 0A3