Our quality policy for guaranteeing customers' safety.
Hankook is constantly striving to ensure the highest quality of goods.
Passenger Car/Light Truck
Standard Limited Warranty Terms and Conditions for Hankook Tires
This limited warranty applies to the original purchaser of any new tire manufactured by Hankook Tire Co., Ltd bearing Department of Trans¬portation prescribed tire identification numbers and produced after 2006. Eligible tires shall be used on the vehicle on which they were originally installed according to the vehicle manufacturer’s or Hankook’s recommendation.
WHAT IS WARRANTED AND FOR HOW LONG
Should any tire covered by this limited warranty become unusable due to a workmanship or material related condition during its usable original tread life (more than 2/32nds of an inch remaining tread), Hankook will give a credit on the following condition.
- 1) Within the first 2/32nds of an inch of tread wear and within one year from date of purchase; the tire will be replaced with a comparable new Hankook produced tire free of charge. Applicable taxes on the new tire and cost of mounting, balancing and any other charges in connection with the replacement of the tire are required to be paid by the owner.
- 2) After the first 2/32nds of an inch of tread wear or after one year from date of purchase; the amount of the credit will be determined by multiplying the predetermined adjustment price for the tire (excluding taxes) by the percentage of original tread depth remaining on the tire.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
This limited warranty does not apply to tires which are being serviced under the following conditions:
- Purchased outside of Canada.
- Willful Abuse / Collision / Wreck / Fire.
- Continued use while flat or severe under/over inflation.
- Road Hazards including without limitation, puncture, cut, impact break, stone drill, bruise, bulge, snag, collision.
- Premature or irregular wear due to vehicle mechanical reason.
- Conditions resulting from without limitation, improper mounting/demounting, under inflation, improper tire size, improper repair, defect in vehicle, abuse.
- Ozone or weather cracking on tires over four (4) years old from the date of manufacture.
- Ride disturbance complaints after 2/32nds of an inch tread wear and after one year from date of purchase.
- With less than 2/32” remaining depth.
- With the serial number cut of buffed.
- Racing & off road use and Misapplication.
- Tires 6 years or older from the date of manufacture or 5 years or older from the date of purchase.
- Loss of time or use, inconvenience or any incidental or consequential damage.
OWNER’S GENERAL OBLIGATION
In order to be eligible for Hankook’s limited warranty program, the owner must observe the following:
- Present the tire to an authorized Hankook dealer in Canada.
- Submit or present a copy of the original purchase receipt.
- Complete and sign a Hankook Claim Form which is available at any authorized dealer.
- In order to take advantage of mileage warranty, you must submit tire rotation record which proves that all tires are rotated at least every 10,000km.
- If the tire owner abuses the tires by failing to observe safety warning and to maintain proper inflation pressure, vehicle alignment and tire rotation, expected tire performance and life may not be achieved and your safety can not be ensured.
TREAD-WEAR MILEAGE WARRANTY
Hankook provides competitive tread-wear mileage warranty as follows:
|Pattern Name||Pattern Code||Mileage|
|Ventus S1 noble2||H452||80,000|
|Ventus V4 ES||H105||80,000|
|Ventus V2 Concept2||H457||70,000|
|Optimo H426 (B)||H426 (B)||95,000|
|Dynapro HT||RH12 (P)||115,000|
|Dynapro AS||RH03 (LT)||65,000|
|Dynapro AT-m||RF10 (P)||80,000|
- 1) The tread wear-out limited policy is not applicable to Original Equipment tires.
- 2) If the above eligible tire wears out (wears down to 2/32” remaining depth) before the warranty kilometres or within four (4) years of original purchase date under the normal passenger use, Hankook will make an allowance for unused service toward the purchase of a new tire of the same size and type, prorated on warranted kilometres.
- 3) The replacement allowance will be calculated by percentage of the warranted kilometres not received, multiplied by the current retail selling price of the tire at the time of adjustment.
- 4) To make a claim, tire rotation record shall be presented along with the claimed tire. (The cost of mounting, balance and other service charges or taxes shall be paid by the customer).
This warranty, or any warranty stated or referred to herein, is exclusive and in lieu of any other warranty regarding the quality of Hankook tires, whether expressed implied and remedies for breach thereof shall be limited to those specifically provided herein. Any warranty of merchant¬ability of fitness for any particular purpose, if made, is limited in duration to the effective time period of this limited warranty.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION OR CUSTOMER SERVICE
If you have any question on product warranty, please first contact the nearest Hankook Dealer. For the dealer information or if your question has not been handled to your satisfaction, contact the Hankook Technical Department.
HANKOOK TIRE CANADA CORPORATION
30 Resolution Drive
Brampton, ON L6W 0A3