To sustain transparent and accountable corporate principles, Hankook has embraced a corporate governance system which recognises and deals with a wide range of ethical issues to better manage our company and make decisions that benefit all stakeholders.
Seung Hwa Suh
Hankook Tire, Vice Chairman & CEO
- Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Chairman of the Sustainability Committee
- Member of the Non-Executive Director Nomination Committee
Mr. Seung Hwa Suh is Vice Chairman & CEO of Hankook Tire.
Having dedicated his entire 42-year career to Hankook Tire, Mr. Suh has contributed greatly to the growth of the company since joining the company as an entry-level employee in 1973.
As Vice Chairman & CEO, Mr. Suh firmly bases his management philosophy on two fundamental values: providing customers with the highest quality of products and services, and enhancing unity among employees. Through these values, he has been able to guide the company through a variety of challenges to establish Hankook Tire as one of the most advanced and ambitious tire companies in the world.
Since 2007, Mr. Suh has served as CEO of Hankook Tire. During this time, he has devoted himself to dramatically increasing the company’s global sales and operating profit by enhancing global competitiveness. Furthermore, he has consistently enhanced the company’s brand value by securing successive original equipment tire supply contracts with major premium automakers, as well as by establishing seven large-scale global production bases in four countries, including Korea, China, Hungary and Indonesia. Mr. Suh has been a key figure behind the company’s innovative distribution channel strategy, which has seen a shift from wholesale to a greater focus on profitable retail partnerships. With his long experience in management posts in the U.S., Europe, the Middle East and elsewhere, Mr. Suh has played a significant role in the globalization of Hankook Tire’s business operations, guiding the company to its position as a global leading tire company.
- Vice Chairman & Chief Executive Officer (2009-present)
- President & Chief Executive Officer (2007)
- President & Director of Europe Regional Headquarters (2006)
- Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer (2003)
- Vice President & Director of Overseas Sales Division (2001)
- Chief Operating Officer of Hankook Tire America Corporation (1997)
- Director in Charge of Overseas Marketing (1992)
- Joined Hankook Tire (1973)