Important information regarding Hankook’s warranty.
Terms and Conditions for Hankook Tyres
Customers must lodge a claim for the cost price of the tyre.
WHAT IS WARRANTED AND FOR HOW LONG
1. Warranty Validity
This warranty is valid till reaching the minimum depth of groove index Tread Wear Indicator* or 5 years from purchased date, whichever occurs first.
*TWI: Tread Wear Indicator – Minimum groove depth to use the tyre by law (1.6mm)
2. Conditions of Claim
- 1) Customers must make a claim from the store where the tyres were purchased. The store will then contact Hankook directly.
- 2) Tyres must be purchased through authorised Hankook Tyre Australia dealers.
- 3) Hankook Tyre Australia reserves the right to inspect a claimed tyre(s), to assess eligibility, and to contact a customer to verify the claim.
- 4) Claim must be accompanied by original customer invoice, containing all the following information:
- A. Customer name and address, and purchase date
- B. Customer contact details (phone and/or email)
- C. Customer vehicle make, model and mileage
- 5) For tyres that are fitted as original equipment, please contact the dealership where you purchased your car. The dealership representative will follow the procedures to the Hankook Tyre Australia claim process.
- 6) Each claim can only be examined by Hankook or Hankook's Authorised Dealer.
- 7) In order to make a correct inspection by Hankook or by Hankook’s authorized dealer, the customer is obliged to deliver the product to one of the service points including the rim on which it was used if the tyre fault is visible only after filling it with the air.
- 8) Hankook Tyre Australia reserves the right to reject a claim based on the tyre not meeting any of the above criteria, or if recommended tyre care guidelines are not followed.
NOTE TO DEALERS : To eliminate fraudulent claims, no warranty claim will be approved without customer contact information, and meeting the above criteria.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
This standard warranty does not apply to tyres which are being serviced under the following conditions:
- 1. Any products that were repaired regardless of method, scope of repair and person who made the repair.
- 2. Irregular wear or tyre damage due to:
- 1) Road hazards such as punctures, cuts, snags, scuffs, carcass bruised or impact breaks.
- 2) Fire, wreck or collision.
- 3) Improper inflation, overloading, high speed spinning, improper mounting or demounting, running flat, off-road use, racing, vandalism, willful damage or abuse.
- 4) Misalignment, wheel imbalance, defective brakes or shock absorber use of tyre chains.
- 5) Any tyre which has failed as a result of adding material (e.g. tyre fillers, sealant, or balancing substances)
- 3. Continued use while flat or service under/over inflation.
- 4. Ozone or weather cracking on tyres over four (4) years old from the date of manufacture
- 5. With less than the minimum tread wear depth of 1.6mm.
- 6. With the serial number cut or buffed.
- 7. Ride disturbance due to damaged wheels or after the first 0.8mm of treadwear.
- 8. The warranty does not cover compensation for time delays, temporary vehicle stoppage, discomfort and costs and inconvenience related to claim submission, calling technical service, extra travel time, extra wages, vehicle downloading, hiring substitute vehicle, vehicle reloading.
- 9. The warranty does not cover any financial losses: profit, income, expected savings, company value losses and etc.
- 10. The warranty does not cover any other damages, losses and injuries caused directly or indirectly by product fault, assembly mistakes or carelessness, or any mistake of providing tyre services.
All tyres must be routinely inspected for damage or abnormality and removed from service or repaired as needed. All inflation pressure must be checked with a gauge and maintained at recommended levels. Failure to do the preceding or to abuse or otherwise improperly maintain your tyres may result in premature deterioration, tyre failure, accident and injury or death.